About Sustainable Trade
Sustainable Trade provides training, capacity building, project design/implementation, strategic advice and mentoring to:
- Supplier management on the Business Case for Decent Work
- Supplier Management and Workers on social dialogue
- Retailers/Brands/Agents on CSR/Sustainability strategies and Sustainable Purchasing Practices
- Governments on implementation of UNGP, OECD Guidelines and Decent Work strategies
- Business Associations on up-scaling best practice beyond piloting
- Students on CSR /development related thesis
Sustainable Trade has 15 years’ experience in working with Buyers in Europe and Suppliers in China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, South Africa and Uganda. Sector expert and in many sectors such as Apparel, Footwear, Accessories, Furniture, Seafood, Telecom, IT and mining.
Sustainable Trade operates globally and co-operates with a broad network of local experts in Asia, Africa and Latin-America.
About Founder and CEO Gunelie Winum
Founder & CEO Gunelie Winum has worked with sustainability and development issues in her entire 25 year professional life. She holds an MBA from the Norwegian School of Business and Administration (NHH), topped with a 1-year cross-subject Development Studies.
Gunelie is acknowledged for her ability to inspire, innovate and enable affordable and manageable changes with positive impact within the prevailing context.
2001-13, Gunelie was Project Manager/Head of International Program in IEH – Ethical Trading Initiative Norway. In 2012 she received as the first and only, IEH’s Award of Honor for being a prominent expert in the area of CSR and ethical trade, both nationally and internationally.
2010-13, she had a seat in the Advisory Board of the global research project «Capturing the Gains» www.capturingthegains.org .
Gunelie has been speaker/moderator at several international conferences (India, Bangladesh, South Africa, Lebanon, Switzerland and Norway)